Monday, October 27, 2008

Whole Again

Korrine was an amazing girl. Almost 11 months ago she was diagnosed with cancer. She fought a long, tough battle. Even when she was so sick, she always had her famous smile on and was telling jokes. Today Korrine’s battle ended. To some people, it might look as if she lost. However, I believe Korrine finally won her battle. You see, while she is no longer here, she is in Heaven. She no longer has cancer and she is no pain. Korrine has her strength back and is finally feeling like herself again. I bet Korrine is swimming and playing water polo in Heaven. Today Korrine was made whole. He made her whole

I loved Korrine so much. I have known her for as long I can remember. Her smile was present in every memory I have of her. Summer ’07 Korrine and I spent over a week together in Phoenix, Arizona on a mission trip. Throughout the 16 hour (maybe longer) car ride, Korrine sat behind me. She was so excited to be on a mission trip. Her laughter and excitement were contagious. Even though it was incredibly hot and we often got tired of all the work, Korrine was always optimistic. The love she had for Jesus was spread to many kids that week. Korrine didn’t stop there. Throughout her treatment Korrine had a blog that kept people updated of her progress. She didn’t hesitate to thank God for giving her the days she had. She led many people to Him through her blog.

Death is something very hard for me to understand. As I’ve watched love ones die, it hasn’t gotten any easier. The death of Korrine is another that I just do not get. She was so young. Her life was so short. Why such a sweet little girl? I know this is the best thing for her, but I still do not understand. I will never understand until the day I go Heaven. Another great person who died from cancer- my grandpa- once tried to explain it to me like this: “life is like a parade. The only part you see is what you are looking at that very moment. What has past you don’t remember very well and you have no idea what is to come or how it will end”. To humans, death is the worst thing that can happen to us. We just do not understand it. We don’t get why this is the “best thing”. One day I will understand why He took my friend Korrine when she was so young. One day He will explain it to me

No comments: