Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In Need of Some Stiches

This wound is the biggest I have. It’s deeper than any abrasion I could imagine. It’s gross and I don’t want anyone else to see it. I ignored the pain and pushed through for a long time. I even tried fixing it myself with a band-aid. However, something that vast cannot be fixed with only a band-aid. That only masked the wound and in the end has made it worse. I’ve done a very good job at hiding and ignoring it. Still, that has just let it fester and become more repulsive than it was before. It’s infected. For the sake of myself, I have to let someone look at it. The dirt and bacteria need to be cleansed and it needs to be stitched up. It is going to be painful and difficult to go through. It’s going to hurt, and people are going to see how deep and awful it is, but it is the only way for it to heal.

3 comments:

jess said...

"May I never forget the good things He does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's! The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly." - Psalm 103:2-6. Love you sweet girl.

Jessica.Paige.Tracy said...

I'm here for ya Kelli.

P.S. Spoken like a true Nursing student. ;)

Janea said...

Proud, that's what I am.

Love you, Little One.