Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Edge

With my heart pounding and tears streaming down my face I step to the edge. I get as close to the edge as I possibly can. My toes are curled over trying to see if it’s safe. It’s definitely not. I look for you, and yet, you are nowhere to be found. You said you would be here. I look as far down as I can without falling off, where are you? Should I still go even though I don’t see you? Wiping the tears from my eyes, I begin to back up slowly. I hear you. You’re somewhere but I still cannot see you. It’s hard to hear you with the air rushing past my cheeks. “Go ahead,” you say. I step up to the edge and look for you. I still cannot find you but in the stillness of the wind I can hear your voice. “Jump.” My heart is beating faster and I am frustrated that I can’t see you. I hear your soft voice again “go ahead, jump. I will catch you.” I close my eyes and grit my teeth. I’ve never been so scared in my life. I have so much to gain, but everything to lose. I bend my knees and go for it. I JUMP.

2 comments:

Jessica.Paige.Tracy said...

God has a plan, I know He does. And I know that you know it too. It just stinks cuz he doesn't always show us what that plan is right away. God's timing is perfect, but it doesn't necessarily always match up with our own. I love you roomie!

Kelli said...

Thanks for reminding me there is a plan for what's going on. It's exactly the opposite of mine, but like you said, His timing is perfect. I wish things were different or that I could see where the good of this is going to be worked in. Thanks for all of your encouragement, Jessica. I am so glad that you are a part of my life!!! Love you too roomie!