Wednesday, September 29, 2010

LA 243

This time a year ago I remember exactly where I was. I remember how stressful a bad living situation is. I remember having meetings with our resident director and leaving feeling so incredibly discouraged. I remember contemplating packing up my car and moving back home because of the living situation I was in. After all the anger, frustration, and talking myself into sticking it out, I was finally moved into a new apartment.

I was so nervous to bring over my first load of belongings. Nobody wants an unknown 5th person in their apartment and I didn’t know if that was going to be evident in how they were going to treat me. I wanted the transition to be as painless as possible for them and for myself. As I walked in I was given a huge welcome from all the girls and remember what a huge relief that was. I knew this was going to work. I remember unpacking and how my new roommate, Jessica gave me the “low down” of the girls and the apartment. The girls were more welcoming than I could have ever imagined. They reorganized things to give me space, they let my life blend in with theirs, and most importantly they saw me as one of them.

I seriously could not have asked for better roommates. They were exactly what I needed. They saw the good, the bad, and the ugly about me. They were there when I was excited about life, when I was sick and puking my guts out, when I needed comfort, and when I wanted to break down and cry. Together we went through some amazing times but also through some very trying times. I do not consider these lovely ladies to just be my former roommates, they are also my family and some of my best friends. I know if I ever need something or someone to talk to, that they are there. They won’t just give me a sugar coated answer; they will give me the hard truth that I need to hear. The qualities they possess are rare to find in people. They are some of the most incredible and solid people I know. So Jessica, Tiffany, Desiree, Kristi, and Bradyn too, thank you for welcoming me into your lives with open arms and for becoming some of the best friends I have. You ladies are wonderful and I’m so thankful to be a part of your lives. I love you all.

1 comment:

Jessica.Paige.Tracy said...

I just cried a little bit. I love you Kelli!