Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ready

After nearly 3 ½ years, 3 spinal taps, numerous CAT scans and MRIs, countless tubes of blood, and almost a million different kinds of medicines; I’m read for my headache to be gone. I hate that I’m not able to count on myself because of it. Without it I would be able to listen to loud music, I wouldn’t be struggling socially in school, and I wouldn’t have to live in constant pain. I want it to stop ruining my life; I want it to go away.

One of the worst parts about my headache is not that it won’t go away, but that they can’t figure out what’s wrong. There’s no sign of anything. My heart broke every time the doctors said “this will work!” and it didn’t. I’m ready for something, anything to work.

I started a new treatment called Bio Feedback last week. This week I was hooked up to a machine, had censors placed all over me, and was able to watch what was going on. The machine tells everything from my pulse to the amount of stress in my jaw muscle. I’m going to learn how to control different things in my body (like my pulse), which often helps with chronic pain. Still we’re still trying to figure out what’s wrong. I’m thrilled to start this new process, but I’m trying not to get too excited because I don’t want to get disappointed.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm ready for it to go away too! Love ya.

Kelli said...

You've helped me get through some pretty rough days with it. Thanks! Love you too!