Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tired

For awhile now I’ve been trying to show certain people more than just my silly side. It hurts that I’ve know these people for a long time. While I consider them my friends, I don’t believe they’ve ever actually gotten to know me. I’ve tried to bring up intellectual conversations with them, and I am usually laughed at as they continue on without me. I hate that they treat me like I’m dumb. I wish they knew that I like to have intimate, deep conversations with people (where there is hardly any silliness). I wish they knew that I’m a total nerd and love to watch the news. I’m tired of trying so hard show them, I’m tired of proving myself to them, and I’m tired of them treating me the way they do.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sherry and I were just talking the other day about what I good writer you are. We, and many other people, know that you are a smart girl and definitely know there is "more than just laughter" in you. I've felt that way before too, however, and trust me...it gets better.

Kelli said...

Wow, that's quite a compliment coming from you two ladies. I'm glad that you know there's more to me than just my goofy side. Thank goodness that it gets better!